Monday 12 April 2010

Steven Meisel - a shoot like Marmite!



Can't like this one above.......



Can't like this one above .....



Abi Lee Kershaw looks fab here


Amber Valetta !


Lara Stone

When I first saw this editorial shoot in Vogue Italia called 'Shrink To Fit,Steven Meisel's overgrown school girls' to be honest I didn't like it - I looked at this collection of beautiful models and was shocked to see them look like they had been sleeping rough under the arches!
However, the more I look at the images the fascinating thing is (and you won't believe this) - or maybe you will, they have grown on me and I can see the images as rather arresting and beautiful, the contrast maximizes the beauty of these girls, the photography moves from fashion into reportage portraiture. It is a brave shoot and there are two shockers that still however many times I look at them I still can't like - I have high lighted them ......

This styling is only for the very gorgeous and young ........

Models: Amber Valletta, Freja Beha Erichsen, Lara Stone, Monika Jagaciak, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Angela Lindvall, Joan Smalls, Giedre Dukauskaite, Gwen Loos
Photographer: Steven Meisel

Vogue Italia
April 2010


clever stuff and inspiring.....