Wednesday 22 September 2010

Jasper Conran - LFW Sunday 19th Sept


My invitation. A version of this bespoke illustration was recreated as a pattern on one of the 1950 silhouette dresses in his show.

What a lovely man! his group sat near me in the outside coffee area and I plucked up courage to ask if he would mind me taking a photo.





Thank you Jasper for my invite.......
I really enjoyed seeing your wonderful show.
The catwalk auditorium was very full and there was a real buzz in the air. His collection fell into three zones, blacks and white graphic patterns on sheer fabrics such as tulle, textured whites in sexy silhouettes in crisp cotton lace and beautiful embellishments, and then lastly citric brights combined with graphic patterns and whites. The silhouette was 1950s and early 60s inspired, as a result lady like and demure in every way.
I loved it all, but if I had to choose it would have to be some of those gorgeous white dresses, perfect for hot summer days and great for reflecting the heat!

Photographs Schelay McCarter copyright