Thursday 17 March 2011

Chelsea Girl relaunch....



http://www.americanamanhasset.com/#/fashion/chelsea-girl-video-fall10


Austen Powers was a laugh - well the first film was - then it became boring especially with Elizabeth Hurley in it - who can't act for toffee! I was reading an article in Vogue about the fact that 'Chelsea Girl' a High Street brand from the 60s and 70s was relaunching in River Island and whilst researching this fascinating fashion fact I came across the above film ! It has got everything in it apart from Kate and Wills look alikes posing with the Union Jack holding a tub of Marmite! Marmite kind of sums it up really! This short fashion promo is attached to Americana Manhasset based on Long Island's north shore, never heard of it? - well now you have - this is a top end brand designer shopping village reality numbering about 50 stores providing an all round retail therapy experience the American way. Have an explore of their fashion promotion films on the web site - they are quite a thing production wise!  I have just booked my flight Stateside for investigative purposes only you understand -  on second thoughts I suppose we have Chelsea, The Kings Rd, Westborne Grove, Sloane Street, Bond Street, St Christopher's place, Conduit St in Londinium with oodles of fab history to boot - think I will stay here ...London rocks ! and how flattering that Americana Manhasset thinks so too!








I can't believe this Chelsea Girl hosiery pack photo - I know the 70s were a semi swinging time - but has this girl got no dignity ?