Saturday 26 February 2011

LFW Day 6, Ones To Watch MEN - Mr Lipop

loved this - really cool modern take on beatnik look 

1980s quality styling

really liked this leather back pack sleeveless Gilet  and hood design

Uber modern take on fashion minimalism



quality fabrics - less is more ethos 
1980s styling

Liked the shorts with the long coat to match

Mr Lipop himself ( Tom)





Having got used to the heat from the lights at this Vauxhall Fashion Scout show and sort of getting used to timing the shots on my camera as the models entered the catwalk I began to relax and really enjoyed the Mr Lipop show collection.


For me he achieved his aim of pushing the boundaries of fashion craft with successful, conceptual and aesthetically progressive garments.Tom Lipop has held senior positions at Nathan Jenden, House of Holland and Griffin Laundry as well as featuring predominantly on Sky Ones Project Catwalk. I liked the look he created and thought that it was modern and classic - he is influenced apparently by the historical lineage of British fashion. Frankly this is a huge umbrella of influences to pull from ! I picked up that the 1980s was the predominant styling influence in this collection. I loved his modern take on this, also as above his 'beatnik' in style long leather coat  - a very cool look! If I saw a guy walking down the street in this I would certainly look twice, wouldn't you? - I would like to know what music Tom Lipop has been listening to on his ipod! 



Photography Schelay McCarter - please credit fashiontent