Thursday 24 February 2011

LFW Day 1 , Aminika Wilmont

I like the AW prints, draping cross over very effective 









This is a seriously cool coat, love the short back and long front - would look v good with jeans too
interesting fabric drapes, this model looks v tired though !!

Aminika Wilmont dress their woman to look sexy and sassy




A cohesive collection of very wearable clothes








liked the proportions of the coordinates in this collection


an aspiration image, v cool...


 Graphic and organic shapes merge to make the bold attractive foundation fabric prints of this impressive collection 


I didn't know much about Aminika Wilmont before I viewed this collection. It comes as no surprise to me that they are a Scandinavian duo. I really liked the black and white colour palette and patterns. It is a sassy collection, the catwalk models looked like modern day viking warrior princesses similar in mould to blond bomb shells Sienna Millar and sister as they strolled confidently in the skin tight dresses, legging and leather coordinates. The shapes and silhouettes may not be ground braking tailoring wise like the Bora Aksu collection, however this collection has street cred. I can see women wearing these comfortably as an everyday ensemble and exuding simple cool style without trying too hard. The coat really won me over to this collection. It proved to me these two designer really know how to cut to flatter creating a modern contemporary silhouette. The wedge shoes were very cool too and the models looked like they could walk comfortably in them. This is an 'easy to wear' ready to wear sassy collection that will do well with the buyers I am sure.   

http://www.aminakawilmont.com/