Monday 21 February 2011

LFW Day 3 Charlie Le Mindu

Charlie Le Mindu has designed for Lady Gaga










Daphne Guinness at the Show

Photography Sophie Hollins (
please credit)

A personal favourite, Charlie Le Mindu never fails to shock, astound, and impress. This season was no different; with Daphne Guinness sitting in the front row, ‘Berlin Syndrome’ opened with a naked model drenched in blood from head to toe, wearing a headpiece bearing the word ‘violence’; a sight that drew an audible gasp from the audience. The collection was a ‘journey to the sexual underground of a wartime Berlin’: models walked to a soundtrack of chilling music and screams in blood-stained lace, off-white fur, and see-through PVC. Off course, this wouldn’t be a Charlie Le Mindu show without some ‘Haute Coiffure’. This season, the hair was light blonde, straight, and worked into lace covered gas masks and cape-like adornments on dresses, trousers and coats. It was, in the words of Daphne Guinness, “incredible and amazing”. Charlie is also one of Lady Gaga's designers. Another highlight of the Charlie Le Mindu show was getting the chance to meet my style icon, Daphne Guinness. She was sitting just in front of me and patiently posed for all the photographers and TV crews desperate to get a picture of her sitting on the front row. After the show, she left straight away but I managed to catch up with her and she kindly posed for a few full-length pictures for me so I could get some shots of that fabulous outfit! Not only was she stunningly beautiful, but she was absolutely lovely; after I had taken the photos, she chatted to me about the camera I was using, as she has the same one, and also asked me what I thought of the show. It was a real pleasure to meet her and I was honoured that she took the time to ask me my opinion, as well as tell me how much she loved the show.
By Sophie Hollins - fashiontent guest writer

check Sophie's blog